Product placement on TV shows are usually tricky, awkward and terribly cheesy affairs. For example, there was the insanely stupid episode of Smallville where "krpytonite charged" Stride gum (I am serious, folks) turned Pete Ross into a po' Black version of Plastic Man. I will never in my lifetime buy a pack or chew a stick of Stride because of that hot, sticky mess. What about the current incarnation of Knight Rider, which is nothing more than a 60 minute commercial for Ford Motor Company? No wonder the automaker is on the verge of collapse. Who can forget the Pringles induced nightmares on Guiding Light or the pallet of Bounty paper towels upon which Dusty & Lucy slept on while on the run on As the World Turns. Oy vey!
Every once in a while, shows get it right like the sublimely funny, brilliant product placements on 30 Rock such as these for Bee Movie, Verizon and Snapple. Add to the list of how these placements can be done right the aforementioned ATWT's placement/PSA for veggie juicer V8. Here is how it went down: READ MORE
A lot of kids I grew up with wished they had lived with the Huxtables on The Cosby Show, screw that. I wanted to be peeping through windows on Seaview Circle, especially if Abby Fairgate Ewing (Donna Mills) was up to no good! READ MORE
Don't look for Days of Our Lives John Aniston (Victor) to be walking his daughter Jennifer Aniston down the aisle to jump the broom with Shemar Moore anytime soon. Despite Moore's admission on Ellen that he was feeling the Friends cutie, gossip blogs across the web are speculating that Aniston is back with singer John Mayer. Hmm, maybe the Y&R and Criminal Minds stud should get Tina Fey to hook him up with a guest spot on 30 Rock opposite Aniston? He could play Tracy Morgan's brother! Call me Shemar, I've always got a Plan B!
Tina Fey has been trying to get Oprah on 30 Rock for about as long as 30 Rock has been airing. Well, on November 6th, Tina achieves her obssesion. Oprah will appear on the season premiere of the Emmy-winning show. 30 Rock is also pulling in some big former NBC names including Jennifer Aniston and Megan Mullally.
Six soap alum have received Primetime Emmy nomations in the major acting categories at this year's 60th Annual Emmy Awards. From left to right.
- Kyra Sedgwick, the star of TNT's The Closer and who once appeared on Another World was nominated in the Outstanding Lead Actress category.
- Rainn Wilson, star of NBC's The Office and who once appeared on One Life to Live as Casey Keegan was nominated in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
- Holland Taylor, who stars on CBS's Two and a Half Men as Charlie Sheen's mother once starred on All My Children as Jill Ollinger. Taylor received a nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in Comedy Series category.
- Bryan Cranston, the star of HBO's In Treatment once appeared on One Life to Live as Dean Stella. Cranston received an Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series nomination.
- Mary-Lousie Parker, the star of Showtime's Weeds and who once appeared on Ryan's Hope received an Oustanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series nomination.
- Alec Baldwin, the star of NBC's 30 Rock and once appeared on The Doctors received an Oustanding Actor in a Comedy Series nomination.
Congrats to them all!