By Luke Kerr on July 17, 2008
Six soap alum have received Primetime Emmy nomations in the major acting categories at this year's 60th Annual Emmy Awards. From left to right.
- Kyra Sedgwick, the star of TNT's The Closer and who once appeared on Another World was nominated in the Outstanding Lead Actress category.
- Rainn Wilson, star of NBC's The Office and who once appeared on One Life to Live as Casey Keegan was nominated in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category.
- Holland Taylor, who stars on CBS's Two and a Half Men as Charlie Sheen's mother once starred on All My Children as Jill Ollinger. Taylor received a nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in Comedy Series category.
- Bryan Cranston, the star of HBO's In Treatment once appeared on One Life to Live as Dean Stella. Cranston received an Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series nomination.
- Mary-Lousie Parker, the star of Showtime's Weeds and who once appeared on Ryan's Hope received an Oustanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series nomination.
- Alec Baldwin, the star of NBC's 30 Rock and once appeared on The Doctors received an Oustanding Actor in a Comedy Series nomination.
Congrats to them all!