Fantasy Soap Opera League
So thanks to marknsprmo let's start the official Fantasy Soap Opera League.
Here are the rules.
1. Select a total of 24 actors to make-up your fantasy soap cast.
2. The list will consist current and former daytime actors (living or the dead).
3. 4 actors on the list can come from primetime and/or film.
4. Provide the actors name, the character; along with a 1 line description of the character.
5. Give us the fantasy soap's name
7. 2 to 4 sentence synopsis.
Here is my list:
Show Name: Everything Happens To Me (based on a song by Billie Holiday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZyYFXwgcE)
Location: Oakland, California
Synopsis: The soap focuses on the interconnected lives of 3 families. First is the Douglas successful Douglas family who has made their fortune in real estate. Next there is the African American Johnson family whom are considered a local political dynasty and power-broker family. Finally we have the middle class San Antonio family building a successful life for themselves.
- John Douglas (John Reilly, General Hospital/Passions/Sunset Beach) Patriarch; tough as nails president and CEO of Douglas Commercial Realtors Incorporated.
- Beth Ann Douglas (Colleen Zenk, As The World Turns) Matriarch; alcoholic pill popping socialite.
- Michael Douglas (Justin Hartley, Passions) Son; ambitious playboy with a chip on his shoulder eying taking over his father's business.
- Sarah Douglas (McKenzie Westmore, Passions, All My Children) Daughter; equally ambitious sibling with a strong business acme; trying to prove to her father that a woman can run DCRI.
- Charles Johnson (James Reynolds, Days Of Our Lives, Generations) Patriarch; womanizing Mayor; Former U.S. Congressman; partner in law-firm.
- Ellen Johnson (Tamara Tunie, As The World Turns) Matriarch; micromanages her husbands career; views herself as the unofficial "queen" of Oakland.
- Maurice Johnson (Cornelius Smith Jr., AMC) Son; City Council member with political ambitions of his own; has a tense relationship with his father.
- Reverend Perry Johnson (Sean Blakemore, GH) Son, married; heads the Greater Faith Baptist Church; has a secret down-low lifestyle.
-Zara Johnson (Amelia Marshall, Guiding Light/AMC/Passions) Wife of Rev. Perry, having trouble conceiving a child and harbors a related secret.
San Antonio Family
- Anita San Antonio (Wanda De Jesus, Santa Barbara/AMC) Single distant mother; District Attorney; taking care of her ailing father.
- Jose San Antonio (EJ Bonilla, GL) Anita's troubled son; works at his grandfathers family owned Mexican restaurant.
- Rosa San Antonio (Florencia Lozano, One Life To Live) Envious sister of Anita's; manages the family owned restaurant; has a motherly like relationship with her nephew Jose.
- Victor San Antonio (Edward James Olmos, Battlestar Galactica/Miami Vice) Ailing patriarch; father of Rosa and Anita; the latter of which he treated better.
Rest of Cast
- Sterling Sliver (Peter Bergman, The Young and The Restless/AMC) Council-at-Large member of the city council; lost first mayoral bid to Charles; wants to eventually become mayor.
- Andrea Moss (Maura West, ATWT/Y&R/GH) Mayor Johnson's Chief-of-Staff and mistress; has her own political ambitions to someday become mayor.
- Kenya Crowley (Renee Jones, Day) Ellen's best friend; party planner; looking to rebuild her life after 2 failed marriages.
- Detective Brian Crowley (Keith Hamilton Cobb, AMC/Y&R) Detective; often focuses trying to bring down political corruption; tortured by memories from military tour in Rwanda; living as an out-of-the-closet gay man.
- Eduardo "Ed" Lopez (A Martinez, Santa Barbara/OLTL) Anita's ex-husband; Jose's father; contractor; hurt by failed marriage.
- Diana Montgomery (Victoria Rowell, Y&R, ATWT, OLTL) Single mother; City council member; runs the Mass Youth Center.
- Police Commissioner Lu Win Chang (Ming Na, ATWT) A woman trying to keep her job and the city crime free amid political and social expectations.
- Katelyn Batts (Lexi Ainsworth, GH) First year student at UC Berkeley; volunteers at MYC.
- Zachery "Zack" Evans (Chandler Massey, DOOL); 2nd year student at UC Berkeley; frat-boy.
- Jamal Montgomery (Sterling Sulieman, AMC) Diana's son; Attends UC Berkeley on a football scholarship.
- Eva Von Patterson (Kelley Missal, OLTL) 2nd year student at UC Berkeley Sorority sister; bitch.