Whoa. That was rather creepy. It was even more chilling than that GH one. Definitely gotta tune in! Ahh! That woman is CRAZY!
WTH are they doing to Patty's character? I'm sorry to say this, but if ever they're going to have Patty accountable for any deaths whatsoever, I'm going to have to stop watching this show. I won't stop watching yet, until I see it on the 17th.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was pretty intense....after today's episode it looks like Colleen is taken prisoner....I hope they don't kill her, since I know the actress is leaving..........
Look at this promo, I hope September 17th turns out to be one of the LOWEST rated days in that week. This stunt driven writing is totally turning this show into s.hit, and totally making it overly hallow, stupid, and unwatchable.
They aren't interested in "redeeming" Patty Jane, and knowing that she'll be at least in part responsible for yet ANOTHER DEATH makes me believe that MAB wants to keep her as a psycho villain to show how "dangerous" she is, as she told Nelson. This crap is embarrassing.
I hope this turns out to be Maria, Hogan, and Scott's "Out of The Ashes." Though, I certainly expect it will will be just as lousy.
It's infuriating that they they'd rather infuse stunt after stunt on this show. Remember just up to a few years back when a simple conversation would be the most riveting thing on the show?
These stunts feel cheap, emotionless, are poorly executed, and have little to no aftermath.
I can't believe this writing team thinks this is in touch with "history" and what everyone wants.
I for one hope this is a major bomb.
I don't expect the aftermath to be played well. We saw how badly played the aftermath of Brad's death was played and how horrible the aftermath of other stories have been on Y&R this year.
This bombing would give the idiotic and EGOTISTICAL writers on this show a needed hit.
Such a shame to kill off Traci's only child for a cheap stunt and also it ruins Victor and Patty. If she is even indirectly responsible for the daughter of two people I love, of a family I love, why should I care? If Jack ever reunited with her it would be SICK. And Victor?!?!?!?! He's the cause of all of this and one thing we KNOW is that he won't properly be held accountable or truly feel sorry for anything.
Don't anyone ever pay for what they do on these Soaps'. Could someone tell me why. This is inhuman. SOMEONE NEED TO PAY ! At the beginning of the PRMO,What did VICTOR say? Sept.17. The majority of the time you can't understand what he's saying.I would think someone would tell him to stop mumbling or mumble louder. I know this has been said before. He get paid all that money to do what he's doing. Being cold,arrogant, mumbling,hollowing, treating people indifferent and much,much more. Victor need to pay for his ugly misdeeds he has committed over the many years. His a** NEED TO PAY, NOW ! !! !!!! ! These people with money are immune to going to jail when they commit a crime. I am sick of that. Only the mobsters go to jail and half of them don't go. VICTOR NEED TO GO JAIL AND I WILL ENJOY HIM GOING TO JAIL !
The promo looks CREEPY and interesting. I'll wait and see what it looks like and what's the actual storyline behind it. Not like other people who think they know everything before. And with Y&R ... no matter what promo they come up with always comes a comment like "it's plot driven" or "this show is a mess". Sorry, but I'm getting sick of it.
Judging episodes that you've already seen is something totally different and I wasn't happy with everything going on there either ... but giving me a review how bad this will be before it's even aired, it's just the point where people should just think about stop watching the show and that's it then.
I was hoping that Colleen wasn't going to be killed of ... I love the character, and TS was really growing up on me ...
But after seeing this teaser, it looks like it's gonna happen ! Have you noticed the way Lily wakes up with a nightmare or some bad intuition ? This is an interesting way of showing the strong connection between these two best friends. Must mean that's the moment Colleen dies ..
It's really really sad ... and so soon after her dad, and by the way nearly the same way !!
That was creepy, but stupid
The trailer's editing was done very cinematically. I've never seen a soap's commercial edited that way. Y&R should be proud of that editing.
However, I am VERY disappointed in Y&R's decision to kill Colleen. This is just a terrible decision. Why kill another Abbott? Why kill Traci and Brad's only biological child?
While I understand that Colleen's death is a logical consequence of Victor and Jack's feud, the murder of Colleen will either end the feud or fuel it for years to come, with the whole Abbott family joining or taking Jack's place against Victor.
I hope that Abby Carlton is finally allowed to see Victor for the jerk her father, Brad Carlton, saw him as. It's time for Abby to finally be allowed to vent her rage.
I too am damn sick and tired of people judging the show the way they are. If you don't like it... turn off the tv or change the station. These writers are doing a wonderful job! Th Patty sl is being done beautifully. The actress is taking the well-written script and running with it. I too hope Colleen doesn't die, but I also know it;s only a show. To those of you who are constantly criticizing MAB and the rest of the writers, you go and try to do what they do. Some of you should go to another site and post on their message boards. You would fit right in with those know it alls. I stopped going to that hack site because of them. Bravo writers.... 0/17 certainly will be a day I sit on the edge of my seat.
LOVED this promo!!! I can't wait! I thought that GH promo was good but this one tops that one. Gosh that Patty Williams is off her rocker and I love it!!!
It's funny to me how some many people are judging the storyline and it hasn't even played out. No one knows for sure if Colleen dies. Everyone is whining about Patty being redeemed when the person responsible for this whole thing is Victor Newman.
This storyline has reminded me of old school Y&R. I mean it played out slowly and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
For those Y&R naysayers, its funny how you all just can't seem to turn that TV off! Ha
Auntie Ri Ri and them are the bomb. The last two weeks I have enjoyed this show. OH wait I pretty much enjoy it every week! LOL
I wasn't initially happy when I read that Colleen could possibly die but then I remembered...nobody does death like Y&R. I will wait until this all plays out and see what happens before I judge it.
Looks awesome to me! I'll definitely be watching!
I love this promo! This is how it should be done.
Scary, awesome promo!
Eh that didn't do anythign for me. I am huge Mary Jane fan and I love promos, especially the CBS ones. ("Get it on" AD campaign ring a bell?) But this was just slow and didn't make me want to see a thing.
Leave it to TPTB to somehow include Princess LILY in this promo. I guess we are supposed to believe now that CHEMO has made her SO insightful that she just *knows* something is wrong.
I HATE that TWIT. Too bad she's not the one getting killed off. Her death would FREE Cane from being her man servant/yes man. Hooking him up with Miss Lily was the kiss of death for Cane.
Promo looks good other than that. I think it's Victor who gets shot.
LOVE IT! I'm excited to see Y&R promoting itself this way. I can't wait to see it.
I think a LOT of people have stopped watching this crappy show. Earlier in the year, when Y&R was decent, they were pulling in a 3.8 or 4.0. Now? They're pulling in a 3.4 or 3.5, and their viewers are below 5 million viewers, when earlier in the year it was over 5 million.
From that, obviously, very little people are interested in watching Y&R in its current incarnation of stunts and shock, shock, shock.
That's a pretty big extreme to go from when compared only to the earlier part of the year.
I'm just looking forward to the location shot - what a breath of fresh air!
I will miss Guiding Light for all their location scenes. I only hope that more of the soaps I watch (like Y&R) do this.
DaytimeLuv I'm curious to know what it is you want to see happen on Y&R since you say it's a crappy show. What are your ideas to make it better?
This is the most chilling promo I've seen in a while. It is way better than GH's. Y&R should be very proud of this promo. I love Mary Jane. One would hope Stacy Haiduk wins a Emmy for her stint on Y&R. Y&R made the right choice in hiring her to play Patty Williams. I can't wait to watch next week.
Creepy with a capital C!!! But please don't let Colleen die. I have loved her and JT's interaction lately!!!
"Leave it to TPTB to somehow include Princess LILY in this promo. I guess we are supposed to believe now that CHEMO has made her SO insightful that she just *knows* something is wrong.
I HATE that TWIT. Too bad she's not the one getting killed off. Her death would FREE Cane from being her man servant/yes man. Hooking him up with Miss Lily was the kiss of death for Cane."
I am hating this storyline. WHY kill off Colleen when her story has just picked up and Tammin has finally grown on me? They should've just sent her overseas or something---no need to kill off Brad's daughter when he just died than six months ago. This is SO stupid and cheap and gimmicky.
I hate Victor. He's to blame for this, and if he gets Colleen's heart, and/or he's not held accountable for the hell he unleashed on his family and everyone else in GC, I'll be pissed. Pissed enough to quit this show.
- They can start by actually pacing their storyline adequately, you know, so things don't seem like they're coming out of left field. For example, they should have spent at least two weeks building up to Nikki leaving Paul and thus leaving town for a while. Instead that happened over the once our THREE DAYS. This is not primetime, this is daytime where they have time to tell these stories. The lightning fast pacing sucks the drama out of every storyline.
- The writing for minority characters is ATROCIOUS. Y&R used to stand apart from other soaps when it gave equal focus to its African American characters. Now, Neil, Devon, and Olivia are almost never on and whey they are, they're given throwaway scenes, or something completely outrageous or disgusting to portray. Did Devon have to start fantasizing about Tyra and actually sleep with her when he believed all his life that this woman was his mother's sister? Also, they do a horrible follow up on then, as they're hardly ever on. I don't know how else to interpret the writing for minorities on Y&R as anything but racist.
- The writing for woman on Y&R is HIGHLY MISOGYNISTIC and disgraceful too. Women are either victims, complete psychos, or they live their lives chasing after a man they see as the be all and end all of their existence. Sharon and Phyllis have both been driven insane over their "love" for Nick this year, and both are too blind to see that this loser is using them both. Instead of blaming him, they place the blame on each other. Patty/Mary Jane is literally crazy in love with Jack, and both Victor and Jack have preyed upon her vulnerabilities. We're being led to believe the only reason she's this crazy is because she wants Jack and he treated her like crap before they got married. Ashley is LITERALLY being DRIVEN insane by a cartoon villain like Adam, who stopped being interesting once Chris Engen left anyway. Jill has lost all her money and is made to look like a complete idiot by losers like Gloria and Jeffrey. Also, Lily's cancer story has been more about why she can't have children and how much she needs to be with Cane than her actually struggling to live with the disease she has. I don't even have to go into Deacon sexually assaulting Amber and then blackmailing her into marriage...
I remember the days when Jill and Victoria were kicking ass and taking names in the boardroom, Ashley was mixing up potions in her lab, and Phyllis and Dru were fierce women that didn't take bull from anyone. What happened to that?
- Where is the romance? Where are the couples that have romantic chemistry? Everything is cheap sex and screwing on this show. The real romances take place OFF SCREEN, like how we hardly ever saw Nikki and Paul's relationship on screen. I can't honestly think of one romantic couple with chemistry that is on the front-burner on this show.
- WHERE ARE THE CORPORATE/BUSINESS stories? Y&R used be be distinct from other soaps when it focused on the business aspect of the show. Now, all of that has been neglected. The business aspect of Y&R used to have different characters a chance to interact and used to show that wee was more to the lives on these characters lives than typical domestic drama. Newman and Jabot are being completely wasted.
- The reliance on psycho villains like Mary Jane and Adam. I get it, every soap needs villains. But do they have to be this irredeemable and this cartooney? What purpose did Mary Jane killing off Zapato and causing Summer brain damage serve? What are Adam's motivations anyway? They seem to be changing every other day.
Now Mary Jane will probably be responsible for the death of a CORE CHARACTER and Traci Abbot's only child (Colleen) that had so much potential and connections as a character. How the hell is this redeemable?
- The could also do a much better job at balancing their cast use. There is no excuse for why the same people always have to be on the frontburner, like it has been this year. Y&R used to be a great ensemble show where everyone was given some sort of story. Not this year, certain stories like the quad from HELL has been dragged out for too long to the point where every character is damaged, yet that story is ALWAYS on the frontburner.
There's many more problems that I can't even recall right now, but those are some main problems that the show seems to be ignoring on purpose.
Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and Paul Rauch should be fired and permanently barred from working in daytime again for this trash.
A LOT of the problems on Y&R are similar to the same problems/havoc that Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and Paul Rauch have caused on other soaps.
If Maria Arena Bell has to stay on, she would be wise to get rid of Hogan Sheffer and Scott Hamner and hire a better Co-HW. Preferably someone that worked with Bill Bell or one of his proteges, like Meg Bennett, or someone with talent like a Patrick Mulcahey.
Dam I hope they don't kill that character off because if AMC doesn't pick up and if the rumors about Thorsten Kaye leaving are true( Alicia Minshew) will be right behind then I will be leaving AMC and not for OLTL. I was going to give Y&R a third and final chance
I am loving YNR MAB and Com. are doing a good job to me sure there are some stories that could be better but if u look at soaps as a whole none of them are that great.There are fans for every soap that say their show sucks and they need new writers problem with that is u are only going to get another crappy writer from one of the other soaps and they could be worse than the one u have now they all just rotate writers anyway either we watch it or we don't but then we could lose our soaps altogether.
I think we probably won't be having any soaps in a few years anyway.
I'd like to say the idiots in charge of these soaps and Y&R specifically tried to save these shows before they get canceled, but I can't say that. MAB even told Nelson recently that she didn't believe she and her writing team made any mistakes this summer and the show wasn't uneven. I'd like to know what she's smoking to say something so egotistical and not true. Even if you enjoy the show, surely you can recognize that there were some major problems in these summer's storylines.
I highlighted some major problems with Y&R in my last post, and the sad thing is, these huge problems have been IGNORED for MONTHS by the idiots running Y&R. The ratings are falling, more and more fans are getting upset with the creative direction of the show, and critics aren't liking the show. Surely, they must realize that not all is well in paradise.
New writers that understand basic soap opera principles and that have respect and knowledge of Y&R or any soap CAN make a HUGE different. There is no reason why TWO recycled hacks that reeked havoc on past soaps like Sheffer and Hamner have to be Co-Head Writers of Y&R, and why someone inexperienced like MAB who drove Y&R is record low ratings has to be there guiding it all.
I'm not necessarily calling for Maria Arena Bell to be fired, but Sheffer, Hamner, and Rauch should definitely be fired. MAB needs to get her act together and either go, or hire a much better Co-Head Writer, and preferably only one.
DaytimeLuv, you are so right about Y&R that tiic don't know what they even doing to their soap. MaB and her hack of writers needs to be let go.
Wow, that's one of the best promos I've ever seen! It drew me and now I'm looking forward to September 17th!
I am still very much enjoying Y&R! There will never be a way to please everyone!
siomonstuart2003, I agree, they've had ample amounts of time to correct these HUGE errors and mistakes, and they haven't even been trying.
Ratings are falling for Y&R, many fans are unhappy, critics aren't liking the show anymore, yet the show doesn't appear to be shifting gears or adding anything to balance out its current creative vision.
This is NOT the Y&R many of us fell in love with and stuck with for years. This is a different show that's calling itself Y&R. Bill Bell would be ashamed of this plot driven mess.
If Maria Arena Bell and Company cannot correct their mistakes, then it's time for them to go. If we have to keep MAB, then at least fire Sheffer and Hamner and hire a much better Co-Head Writer, please!